The Shoes Manual
For here on, the manual reads more like a dictionary. Each page is mostly a list of methods you can use for each topic covered. The idea is to be very thorough and clear about everything.
So, if you've hit this far in the manual and you're still hazy about getting started, you should probably either go back to the beginning of the manual. Or you could try Nobody Knows Shoes, the beginner's leaflet PDF.
Finding Your Way
This section covers:
- Built-in methods - general methods available anywhere in a Shoes program.
- The App window - methods found attached to every main Shoes window.
- The Styles Master List - a complete list of every style in Shoes.
- The Classes list - a chart showing what Shoes classes subclass what.
- The Colors list - a chart of all built-in colors and the rgb numbers for each.
If you find yourself paging around a lot and not finding something, give the Search page a try. It's the quickest way to get around.
After this general reference, there are two other more specific sections:
- Slots - covering stack and flow, the two types of slots.
- Elements - documentation for all the buttons, shapes, images, and so on.
Next: Built-in Methods